The Rock Academy Foundation is a fully registered charity (Charity No: 1158478), and was founded in Sep 2014 by Pete Doyle and Ian Stock.
Pete has been a registered guitar teacher for over 17 years and has a 100% of his students passing Graded Electric Guitar exams validated by the London College of Music.
Ian has been playing piano and guitar for over 30 years, and is an IT Technical Architect by profession.
Our charitable objective is to help and educate young people through musical activities, so as to develop their capabilities that they may grow to full maturity as individuals and members of society.
Our aim is to educate and empower young artists and bands to play, write and perform original music.
All our musicians are given opportunities to improve their technical musicianship skills, write songs, connect with other song writers and build confidence through live performances and weekly term time sessions.
-Launch of The Rock Academy Foundation charity by Pete Doyle and Ian Stock
THE RRA YEARS:
Reading Rock Academy was a Social Enterprise founded in 2009 by Pete Doyle for local musicians under 25 years old. This has now been replaced by a brand new charity called The Rock Academy Foundation.
-Launch of School Educational Support Services for local schools
-Expands 2 locations in Central Reading, Woodley/Winnersh, Madesjki Stadium – Jazz Cafe
Reading Rock Academy does not currently receive any government funding for it’s activities and is currently seeking sponsors from local businesses, to support its growth and expansion plans over the next 3-5 years.
- 1st employee, Alisha Di Bartolomeo joined as the co-ordinator.
– 1st Corporate Sponsor confirmed, Waitrose and John Lewis Partnership. They donated a grant for £2,000 to support the growth of the academy.
– The Band Experience was founded.
– 1st Academy Building established at Bulmershe Campus, University of Reading. Official opening on Friday 26th October 2012.
– 1st Fourth Friday Event.
- 2nd Annual Battle of the School Bands competition.
– 1st after school Rock Club established at Theale Green School and John Madejski Academy.
– 1st annual Battle of the School Bands competition (an event open to every school band in the Thames Valley Area)
– 1st Graded Guitar Course for Schools started at John Madejski Academy.
– Academy Founded with Graded Guitar lessons